This project can be a written report, a powerpoint presentation, or a combination of the two. Regardless of the form the presentation takes, it Must Include the Following Areas:
- Introduction – What was your project?
- Why did you choose the topic? What was the main research question?
- Data – What was your data source?
- What dates did it cover? What was the web site you obtained it from?
- What variables did you include? Identify all dependent and independent variables.
- What were their values and what do those values signify? •
- Descriptive Statistics – for your primary variables, be sure to include Table 1 below (you can cut and paste it into your document if you like. •
- Graphs as appropriate – scatterplot, histogram, pie chart, etc. •
- Testing Conducted – what type of test did you conduct? What were the results? •
- Conclusion – Wrap up your report in a concise manner. Clearly state what you learned from the results and any potential shortcomings of your analysis.
- The URL below could be used to data set information
Below is an Example
- Go to a local grocery store and collect these data for at least 75 breakfast cereals: cereal name; grams of sugar per serving; and the price per ounce (or gram). If the store you select does not have at least 75 breakfast cereals, then collect data from another store too. Use these data to estimate the simple regression model with price as the dependent variable and sugar as the explanatory variable.