Your Midterm essay covers your readings from the text up to this point and is due by Sunday night. Provide 1-2 paragraph answers to the questions asked.
Prepare a reply to the essay questions listed below. Copy the questions to a WORD document, and respond below each question. Replies to each question should be at least one well written paragraph but no longer than two. Please save your essay as a Word Doc or Rich Text File (rtf) with your last name, first name and the assignment name in the file. It would take the form LastName_FirstName_Assignment. Thus, if your name is Alicia Jackson, you would use the file name: Jackson_Alicia_MidTerm.rtf.
The questions are:
- Explain why race/ethnicity is so important in gang life.
- How has gang homicide changed in recent years, especially in regards to frequency and characteristics of who is involved and how killings occur?
- What types of community organizations do police typically partner with in an attempt to combat gangs? Why do they partner with these organizations?
- What are the characteristics of someone who would join a gang?
- Who are the members of the “Big Four” gangs? Why only these gangs?
- Why do you believe the motorcycle gangs moved from social clubs to gangs of crime?