Entry Modes – Business & Finance
Assignment 1: Sustainable Growth Challenges
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, research how companies can keep a pattern of sustainable growth.
Respond to the following:
- What are the main challenges of keeping up performance and sustainable growth while managing a very diverse workforce when a company expands its operations to different markets, especially to emerging economies?
- Determine what you feel to be the main challenges. Define them.
- List the components or elements that should be addressed, why, and how.
Provide examples of how organizations have succeeded with or failed at overcoming those challenges.
Give reasons in support of your responses. Be sure to cite any relevant resources.
Write your initial response in 500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail; include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA style; and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
By Saturday, October 3, 2015, post your response to the below Discussion Area.
Assignment 2: Entry Modes
The modes of entry into a foreign market traditionally have focused on establishing a physical presence in a foreign country. However, in the Internet age, virtual companies have discovered that it is also possible to establish a global reach without necessarily having a global physical presence. The number and importance of such companies to the global marketplace has increased in the twenty-first century. One good example is Google, which has a unique domain name for each of the 160 countries for which its search engine is localized. Google offers a full range of different services, such as the web browser Chrome, Google Earth, Google Maps, and Gmail (to name just a few), in different languages and local versions to nationals worldwide. While the products are free, Google generates tremendous revenue from advertising associated with user traffic.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet for research, select at least three (3) peer-reviewed, academic resources (beyond the assigned readings) for use in this assignment.
In a paper, respond to the following:
- Determine the advantages of the virtual approach used by Google and other virtual companies that enter new international markets.
- Identify potential disadvantages.
- Identify the different factors that a virtual company needs to consider, compared to a physical company, when entering foreign markets. Justify your reasoning.
Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and APA format.
Write a 3 pages paper in Word format using the APA Paper Guide. Be sure to reference at least at least three (3) academic sources beyond the assigned readings. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M6_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, October 7, 2015, deliver your assignment
Assignment 1 Sustainable Growth Challenges Using the University online library resources and the Internet research how